From Decision Advantage to Market Advantage: BRI Holds Strong in 2018
As a co-founder and CEO, I am both incredibly excited and humbled to review the company’s successes at the end of each quarter. I credit our continued success—our ninth consecutive quarter exceeding our bookings target—to our extremely talented team delivering products that empower our customers with a decision advantage in navigating complex problems relevant to their organizations. I’m proud to share the following highlights from the last three months that helped us achieve this milestone:
Bringing Business Risk Intelligence (BRI) to Global Markets
Following our successful expansion last year into Europe and the Middle East, we have now expanded into the Mexico market. Spearheaded by director of sales for Latin America Ryan Goss, this movement has catalyzed new opportunities for growth, research, and BRI collaboration with leading experts from across all sectors in Mexico. And second, our attendance at Black Hat Asia marked Flashpoint’s first major event sponsorship in Asia Pacific. Our warmly received presence in both regions reinforces BRI as a true requirement for organizations seeking to mitigate enterprise-wide risk and gain a decision advantage over threats and adversaries.
Bolstering Channel and Strategic Partner Network Initiatives
We were elated to welcome former IBM executive Jeff Seifert as executive director of global channels and partnerships. Jeff’s leadership will continue to fuel growth and geographic expansion for our partner programs following several key milestones in Q1. Specifically, the Channel Company’s CRN 2018 Partner Program Guide announced a 5-star rating for Flashpoint, demonstrating the strength of our Global Channel Program. In addition, our new integrations with Maltego, Silobreaker, and RiskIQ highlight the critical role of the Flashpoint Strategic Partner Network, which also includes Anomali, ThreatConnect, and ThreatQuotient.
Showcasing our Research and Leadership
Our team’s commitment to sharing their expertise externally helped make our Q1 such an inspiring time for the company. Noteworthy individuals and contributions include:
• Analyst Liv Rowley’s expertise on cybercrime and the Spanish-language underground earned her a speaking session at RSA Conference this month, where she will present “Cebolla Chan 3.0: A Window into the Chaotic Spanish-Language Underground.”
• Thomas Hofmann, vice president of intelligence, has debuted as a regular contributor to The Security Ledger, where his column provides fresh insight into many of the complex challenges facing today’s security decision-makers. He also appeared on Reuters TV.
• Drawing upon his background as an acclaimed security journalist, editorial director Mike Mimoso launched Flashpoint’s first podcast series, Collective Intelligence, in which he regularly interviews industry experts and Flashpoint analysts on the latest security news and industry trends.
• Director of Counterterrorism Alex Kassirer was recognized by Dark Reading for her dedication to fighting terrorism, her support to law enforcement and intelligence agencies during investigations and prosecutions, and her expertise on the ties between counterterrorism and commercial security.
• Following her selection as a keynote speaker for the upcoming Hack In The Box security conference, chief marketing officer Jennifer Leggio was named one of the most influential people in cybersecurity by TechRadar.
• Solutions Architect Jarrod Echols was recently chosen as John A. Logan College’s Alumnus of the Year for bolstering cybersecurity in the public sector during his tenure as a member of the White House information technology team.
Providing Exemplary Support to our Customers
The satisfaction of our customers has always been a core measure of our success, which is why I’m gratified to share the following feedback we received from customers in Q1:
“Flashpoint’s Business Risk Intelligence (BRI) empowers our cyber intel and incident response team to support the company as a whole by providing us with high quality, timely, relevant, and valuable insights. The Flashpoint team provides excellent analysis and service, and are very responsive. They have become an extension of our team, and we rely on them heavily to help us make more strategic decisions.” —VP of Cyber Intel & Incident Response, Fortune 100 Financial Services Company.
“Flashpoint’s Business Risk Intelligence (BRI) immediately resonated with our executives. We approached Meltdown and Spectre from the BRI perspective, rather than a traditional, cyber-only focus, and it carried us much further, allowing us to communicate why cybersecurity matters to the business. Flashpoint’s BRI is by far more valuable than other intelligence partners. The quality and timeliness of the intelligence and collaboration we receive from Flashpoint is the best of breed and it’s clear that customer support is a core tenet for Flashpoint.”—Director, Cyber Threat Intelligence Team, Fortune 100 Retail Company
Not only do the above words reinforce that the people behind our products truly are our biggest asset, they’re a testament to why fostering collaboration and trusted relationships throughout the Flashpoint community have been pivotal to our growth since day one. With another exciting quarter now behind us, I’d like to thank our team members, customers, partners, investors, and friends for helping us shape the company into what it is today. I couldn’t be prouder of what we’ve accomplished so far and am very excited about what’s next.
As we head into Q2 and beyond, we will continue to expand our capabilities to provide even more organizations with a decision advantage over the dynamic and complex threats that matter to them the most.
Josh Lefkowitz is the Chief Executive Officer of Flashpoint, where he executes the company’s strategic vision to empower organizations with Business Risk Intelligence (BRI) derived from the Deep & Dark Web. He has worked extensively with authorities to track and analyze terrorist groups. Mr. Lefkowitz also served as a consultant to the FBI’s senior management team and worked for a top tier, global investment bank. Mr. Lefkowitz holds an MBA from Harvard University and a BA from Williams College.